"THE CHEMISTRY OF EVERYDAY ELEMENTS
64 pages each
Not every student thrills to a discussion of chemistry, but every student will find something to connect to in this up-to-date series. Each volume goes in-depth into one well-known element from the Periodic Table, exploring the history, science, and everyday uses of each. Readers will come to know just how important and life-giving elements can be. In addition, in this series, a volume focuses on the Periodic Table itself, providing an in-depth overview of this vital scientific tool. Readers will come to know just how important and life-giving elements can be. The tenth volume focuses on the Periodic Table itself, providing an in-depth overview of this vital scientific tool.
Each title in THE CHEMISTRY OF EVERYDAY ELEMENTS includes color photos throughout, a representation of the entire Periodic Table, and back matter including an index and further reading lists for books and internet resources.
Key Icons appear throughout the books in this series in an effort to encourage library readers to build knowledge, gain awareness, explore possibilities, and expand their viewpoints through our content rich nonfiction books. Key Icons in this series are:
* Words to Understand shown at the front of each chapter with definitions. These words are set in boldfaced color type in that chapter, so that readers are able to reference back to the definitions, building their vocabulary and enhancing their reading comprehension.
* Sidebars are highlighted graphics with content-rich material within that allows readers to build knowledge and broaden their perspectives by weaving together additional information to provide realistic and holistic perspectives.
* Text-Dependent Questions are placed at the end of each title referring back to subjects covered within. They challenge the reader's comprehension of the material they have just read, while sending the reader back to the text for more careful attention to the evidence presented there.
* Research Projects are provided at the end of each chapter as well and give readers suggestions for projects that encourage deeper research and analysis.
* Educational Videos are offered in chapters through the use of a QR code, that, when scanned, takes the student to an online video showing a moment in history, a speech, or an instructional video. This gives the readers additional content to supplement the text.
* A Series Glossary of Key Terms is included in the backmatter containing terminology used throughout the series. Words found here broaden the reader's knowledge and understanding of terms used in this field.
ALL CONTENTS ON THIS SITE ARE PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT. USERS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO MODIFY, DISTRIBUTE, PUBLISH, TRANSMIT OR CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS OF ANY MATERIAL FOUND ON THIS SITE FOR ANY PUBLIC OR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES.