"EXPLORING THE POLAR REGIONS TODAY
64 pages each
This series explores topics related to the Arctic and Antarctic regions of the globe. The growing importance of these regions on the world stage, their place in the ongoing climate crisis, their roles as the home to amazing wildlife, and their history as the homeland of indigenous people all are featured in these titles. Though the polar regions don't get the coverage that more populated areas get, they might just be some of the most important to our planet's future.
Each title in EXPLORING THE POLAR REGIONS TODAY includes color photos throughout, maps where applicable, and back matter including an index and further reading lists for books and internet resources.
Key Icons appear throughout the books in this series in an effort to encourage library readers to build knowledge, gain awareness, explore possibilities, and expand their viewpoints through our content rich nonfiction books. Key Icons in this series are:
* Words to Understand shown at the front of each chapter with definitions. These words are set in boldfaced color type in that chapter, so that readers are able to reference back to the definitions, building their vocabulary and enhancing their reading comprehension.
* Text-Dependent Questions are placed at the end of each title referring back to subjects covered within. They challenge the reader's comprehension of the material they have just read, while sending the reader back to the text for more careful attention to the evidence presented there.
* Research Projects are provided at the end of each title as well and give readers suggestions for projects that encourage deeper research and analysis.
* Educational Videos are offered in chapters through the use of a QR code, that, when scanned, takes the student to an online video showing a moment in history, a speech, or an instructional video. This gives the readers additional content to supplement the text.
* A Series Glossary of Key Terms is included in the backmatter containing terminology used throughout the series. Words found here broaden the reader's knowledge and understanding of terms used in this field.
ALL CONTENTS ON THIS SITE ARE PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT. USERS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO MODIFY, DISTRIBUTE, PUBLISH, TRANSMIT OR CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS OF ANY MATERIAL FOUND ON THIS SITE FOR ANY PUBLIC OR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES.